Adjusting the Straps on the Peaceful Warrior Sandal
1. Start on the outside of the foot, where the knot is. Undo the knot, and position the slot in the strap 3/8 inch or 1cm forward of the vertical ankle strap.
2. Adjust your foot so your toes are where you want them. It is recommended to leave a little space in front of the toes for protection.
3. Making sure to keep the inside ankle strap vertical, adjust the horizontal strap to hold your heel in the proper position.
4. Follow the strap over your foot to the outside of the little toe, and up between the big toe and second toe.
* Always pull gently, pushing from the other end simultaneously, and lift the toes slightly to facilitate the adjustment.
5. Then snug up under the arch and around the big toe.
6. Pull the slack from the outside of the big toe and tie the knot as illustrated, behind the slot in the original end of the strap.
Keep the knot flat and snug to avoid making a ball which will press uncomfortably against the foot, and trim off excess length off the strap end. Leave a few inches so you can still tie the knot! (the photo below is before trimming excess).
* You can adjust any section of the strap once you understand this basic sequence. Always start at the slot end, no matter where you want to adjust, as the knot needs to remain in this position.
Once the straps are adjusted you don’t untie the knot anymore, until the next adjustment when the leather stretches periodically. Simply peel back at the heel to remove.