This classic, time-tested leather sandal design is inspired by the desert warriors of North-Eastern Africa 3000 years ago. Soul Path’s innovations are in the unique combinations of traditional and modern materials, and the built-in raised cushion footbed. The result is a unique, top notch handcrafted leather sandal perfectly suited to the demands of today’s environment, whether on city streets, on boat decks, or on the forest floor.
The strap design of the Peaceful Warrior leather sandal holds the foot better than any other, while allowing maximum air flow for cool comfort in hot weather. The continuous strap system allows for optimal custom fitting, even when the leather stretches.
Please Subscribe to our mailing list to be notified of updates and exciting new designs of all-leather ergonomic footwear. The new line will be available for purchasing in standard sizing options on this website beginning in May, 2013. We apologize for not being able to fulfill your custom requests at this time. Thank you for your understanding. - Nathan deBridge, artisan & owner
The Peaceful Warrior Artisan Leather Sandal is available in two styles:
1- Dark Brown Sandal: Oil-tanned footbed and straps, one colour, all dark brown. See photo below:
2- Deluxe 2-tone Sandal: Oil-Tan footbed with Bark-Tan straps (footbed is dark brown leather, straps are lighter brown – photo below). These deluxe straps are bark-tanned leather that is pre-oiled, beveled, and stretched by hand in our shop to achieve a broken-in feel.
** This level of finishing and detail, as well as quality of materials is what sets Soul Path Shoes Artisan Sandals in a class of their own.
Other options for these handmade leather sandals are:
- Choice of specialty soles: 1) Vibram Newflex is sleek and light with excellent tread and good support . 2) Vibram Orthopedic is also thin but a less aggressive tread with softer rubber for flexibility and comfort. 3) The leather sole, with cushion or without, is prime Italian soling leather which is very elegant, and has the best flexibility and more traditional comfort. As leather soles lack the traction that rubber offers, we only make this style with an added low heel made of rubber.
- Option of a unique and completely custom-fitted pair of leather sandals patterned directly from a drawing of your feet (see instructions below). **This ensures a high degree of accuracy for every order, but is also crucial for those with unusually shaped feet, or with two feet of significantly different size or shape. This custom option costs an additional $30 (A small investment for years of superior comfort in your custom artisan sandals).
- Choice of standard sizes (in the drop-down menu under “sizing”).
* For the standard sandal sizing option, please scroll down to the bottom to place your order now.
** For the custom option, please follow the following instructions to ensure a perfectly fitted pair of custom leather sandals:
- Stand on two sheets of standard 8.5 x 11″ paper (1under each foot), in bare feet, and diagonally if necessary.
- Using a standard thickness pencil or Bic pen, draw carefully around each foot, making sure to keep pen in an upright vertical position at all times, and be sure to have only one line all around. Be sure to follow natural indentations at the base of big and little toes, and draw all around big toe into the gap between it and the next toe. The line in between the toes doesn’t matter so much as the mark at the bottom of the crook here.
- Using a measuring tape or ruler, draw a line from the center of the heel line (approximately) to the tip of the longest toe (usually the big toe), and write the length in centimeters or inches on this line.
- Draw another line at the widest part of the foot (from the bony point at the base of the big toe to the bone below the small toe). Write the length in centimeters or inches on this line.
- Also draw a line like a ruler on the same paper next to the foot drawing, 10 inches (or 25cm)long, with a line marking each inch or centimeter. This will ensure that I get the proper scaling when I print your drawing. This is very important for a perfectly fitted pair of custom leather sandals.
** Congratulations! You are now ready to place your order!
Please choose method ‘a‘ or ‘b’ below to send me your drawings:
a) Scan each foot drawing on a separate piece of paper and email me at: email@example.com OR
b) Put both sheets with drawings and your name in an envelope and mail to me at: Soul Path Shoes, PO Box 199, Slocan, BC, Canada, V0G 2C0
* for either method payment must be received in full before order is made or shipped.
Choose the “custom fitting” option in the drop-down menu under “sizing”. This process costs an additional $30. If the two feet are significantly different, I will make two individual patterns at no extra cost.
Handmade Leather Sandal by Soul Path Shoes, BC, Canada.
- Peaceful Warrior Sandal
- Product Options
# Option Price 1 Oil-Tan, Dark Brown Sandal $220.00 2 Oil-Tan, Burgundy Sandal $225.00 3 Bark-Tan, Deluxe 2-tone Sandal $245.00
- Additional Options
- Arch Support
# Option Price 1 No Arch Support $0.00 2 Custom Arch Support $20.00 # Option Price 1 No Heel $0.00 2 Rubber Heel w/ leather sole $0.00 # Option Price 1 6 women $0.00 2 7 women $0.00 3 8 women $0.00 4 9 women $0.00 5 10 women $0.00 6 11 women $0.00 7 7 men $0.00 8 8 men $0.00 9 9 men $0.00 10 10 men $0.00 11 11 men $0.00 12 12 men $0.00 13 13 + $15.00 14 Custom Fitting $20.00 # Option Price 1 Vibram Newflex $0.00 2 Vibram Orthopedic $0.00 3 All Leather + heel, no cushion $0.00 4 Leather + heel & cushion $0.00 5 Custom (contact me) $0.00
- Shipping Rate: